GUINNESS “MEN IN BLAZERS” TO THE FOOTBALL CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. To Enter: This Contest begins at or after 12 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on July 1, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. (ET) on July 24, 2015. Persons may only enter the Contest on-line; Internet access and valid e-mail address are required to enter the Contest. To enter, submit your original “To The Football” video or photo, celebrating Guinness stout, football (i.e., soccer) and the connections between the two.
Entry Method #1: Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your “To The Football” video or photo as an attachment, along with your first and last name, date of birth, phone number where you may be reached at or after 12:30 p.m. (ET) on July 24, 2015 (if selected as the potential winner; see below) and city/state of residence. Be sure to include “Guinness Men in Blazers To The Football Contest” in the subject line of the e-mail. If submitted via e-mail, “To The Football” photo cannot exceed 25 MB; “To The Football” video cannot exceed 25 MB.
Entry Method #2: Post your “To The Football” video or photo to your public Twitter account.** The hashtag #TotheFootballContest” must be included along with your photo/video. If submitted via Twitter, “To the Football” video/photo must be in compliance with the Terms of Service of Twitter.
**An account on Twitter or Instagram may be opened free of charge. A compatible mobile device is required to download and use the Instagram “app,” however.
Only limited use of image editing software in creation of photo/video is permitted. One (1) entry per person regardless of entry method utilized. Multiple entries will result in disqualification. A given Twitter account or Instagram account may only be used by one (1) person to participate in the Contest. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 a.m. (ET) on July 24, 2015.
By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that your Contest Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may declare your Contest Entry void and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Contest Entry fails to conform, for any reason it deems appropriate in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to these Official Rules.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccessible, mechanically reproduced or incorrect entries or other Contest materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Without limiting the foregoing, for entries made via Twitter or Instagram, re-tweeting or re-gramming others' photos/videos is expressly prohibited and will not result in entry. All entries become the property of the sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect an on-line user’s ability to enter and qualify or the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winner.
2. Prize: ONE (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The winner will receive a trip for him/herself and one (1) guest (21 or over) to attend the International Champions Cup North America presented by Guinness soccer match between Chelsea and FC Barcelona on Tuesday, July 28, 2015. Trip includes round-trip coach air travel for winner and one (1) guest from major commercial airport nearest winner's residence to Washington, DC (airports being of Sponsor’s sole choosing); standard, double occupancy hotel accommodations for 3 days/2 nights in Washington, DC (hotel of Sponsor’s sole choosing); two (2) tickets to the match; ground transportation between Washington, DC airport and hotel; ground transportation between hotel and Landover, Maryland (site of match). Tickets are subject to terms and conditions as indicated thereon; type of tickets and location of seats is at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner; and, should winner and/or guest fail to do so, prize may be immediately terminated and the Sponsor may pursue other legal sanctions against the winner and/or guest. Alcohol beverages are not part of the prize. If winner lives within reasonable driving distance of Washington, DC (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), ground transportation or stipend (which may be used for ground transportation; amount of stipend to be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) will be substituted for air travel component of prize and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith. If winner chooses to travel without a guest, prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for only one (1) traveler (the winner), including only one (1) ticket to match, and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $5,000. Retail value may vary depending on point of departure.
3.Winner Determination: Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible Contest Entries received by an independent third party entity, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this contest. The criteria for judging will be originality and creativity, which will be weighted equally. In the event of a tie, the tied Contest entries will be reviewed by an additional third party judge based on the foregoing criteria. Winner will be notified on July 24, 2015. If winner entered via e-mail, he/she will be notified by phone. If winner entered via Twitter and he/she “follows” the Men in Blazers' official Twitter account (@MeninBlazers) and his/her privacy settings allow for same, he/she will be notified via direct message. If winner (a) entered via Twitter and Sponsor and independent third party entity determine in their sole discretion that direct message method cannot be used contact winner or (b) entered via Instagram, he/she will be notified via a posting on his/her photo/video by @MeninBlazers with prize claim instructions. Winner must follow such prize claim instructions, including electronically signing and returning an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and publicity release (where legal) within six (6) hours (with paper, “hard” copy of affidavit/release, accompanied by valid proof of age (e.g., driver’s license, birth certificate or passport) to be provided to independent third party entity/Sponsor prior to prize award) or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting. (A copy of the affidavit/release is available for inspection beforehand upon request.) Independent third party entity will make reasonable attempts to contact winner. If winner entered via e-mail, telephone messages will NOT be left; if winner entered via Twitter or Instagram only a single direct message or posting (as the case may be) will be made. Due to time constraints, regardless of entry method utilized, winner must respond to attempted contact within thirty (30) minutes (with time being kept by independent third party entity). If winner does not timely receive or respond to attempt to be notified for any reason, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at sponsor's sole discretion, time permitting. Sponsor and independent third party entity expressly disclaim any and all liability in conjunction with winner notification procedure. Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor's and its designees' (including but not limited to Men in Blazers LLC) use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion without notice or further obligation.
4. Contest Entries: All materials, documents, information and data submitted to the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, including the Contest entry and submission (collectively “Contest entry”) are the property of Sponsor, will not be returned and cannot be acknowledged. By entering the Contest, entrants represent and warrant that their Contest entry (i.e., photo or video) is their sole, original work and that it does not infringe upon the rights of any other party, including but not limited to any intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any other party. By submitting a Contest entry, entrant further represents and warrants that any person(s) referenced has given his or her express written consent to the reference and use as contemplated by these Official Rules and that entrant has obtained written permission for such use from any such person. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify Contest entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Contest entry, and any ideas or concepts contained therein, in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to Sponsor’s website, without limitation or compensation to the entrant and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the Contest entry. (With respect to entries made via Twitter or Instagram, such grant of rights is made subject to those rights retained by Twitter or Instagram, as applicable, as a social media platform.) Submission of a Contest entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Contest entry, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and proprietary rights worldwide. Any content, material or information included in Contest entry shall not be confidential, proprietary or trade secret. By submitting a Contest entry, entrant consents to Sponsor’s use, reproduction and disclosure of the Contest entry, and ideas, concepts or other materials contained therein, for any purpose, including any commercial purpose. Any Contest entry that contains third party artistic works, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos or similar brand identifying marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights will not constitute a valid Contest entry.
The photo or video (as applicable) submitted must be taken/created solely by the entrant. By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that: (i) his/her photo (or video) is the sole and original creation of the entrant and has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (ii) the entry does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, trade name, trade secret or other proprietary right of any person or entity; and (iii) the person(s) depicted in the photo (or video) have given his or her express written consent to its submission into the contest and use as contemplated by these Official Rules and by submitting any photo (or video) that contains the name, image, voice, signature, statements, likeness of (or other reference to) any person, you hereby represent and warrant that you have obtained such written permission. Any photo (or video) that contains third party artistic works, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, similar brand identifying marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights will not constitute a valid Contest entry. Submission of a Contest entry grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such entry in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to Sponsor’s website, without limitation or compensation to the entrant and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the entry.
Photographs or videos containing full or partial nudity, defined as the display of the genitals, pubic area, vulva, anus, or anal cleft with less than a fully opaque covering or the showing of the breast with less than a fully opaque covering of any part of the nipple, or any lewd or sexually suggestive gesture will be disqualified. No photograph or video shall (a) depict or reference persons consuming alcoholic beverages (b) depict or reference persons conducting themselves in an inappropriate manner (c) contain material that would imply that the consumption of alcoholic beverages is acceptable before or while operating machinery, driving a vehicle or undertaking any other activity that requires a high degree of alertness or physical coordination, (d) contain any material that would degrade or demean the human form, image or status of women, men or the members of any group based on race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation or any other minority status, or (e) include an image of (or reference to) any person that appears to be under 21 years of age. Obscene, provocative, lewd or otherwise objectionable content or those which reflect poorly on the Guinness brand will not be considered and the determination of the appropriateness of any photograph or video submitted is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Judges.
CONTEST ENTRIES POSTED BY ENTRANTS REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANTS THEMSELVES AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR WILL NOT REVIEW ANY CONTEST ENTRY PRIOR TO THE POSTING OF SAME BY ENTRANT AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION THEREWITH.
5. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances DIAGEO-Guinness USA Inc., Men in Blazers LLC, Embassy Row LLC, and their respective affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
6. General Conditions: Entry in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Cash equivalent may be less than the approximate retail value of the prize. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. It is the Grand Prize Winner’s sole responsibility to arrange transportation to and from the major airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s residence. Winner’s guest must also be 21 years of age or older and must sign a Guest’s Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful). Grand Prize winner's guest must travel on same itinerary as winner (as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of prize winner and guest. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winner and guest shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winner and guest from any prize element, based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor, Men in Blazers LLC, Embassy Row LLC, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the contest may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Grand Prize Winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
In consideration of his/her receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself, his/her heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor, Men in Blazers LLC, Embassy Row LLC, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and their respective parent and affiliate companies, officers, directors and employees and all related parties from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Contest, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Contest; prize winner’s Contest entry; use of prize winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate this promotion, or any part thereof, at any time, for any reason, without notice or further obligation.
7. Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, entries (including entries made via mobile device**) will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry or, for entries made via Twitter or Instagram, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Twitter/Instagram account used for entry at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, inaccessible, or incomplete entries, or for entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries (this includes filtering or other operation of the functionality of Twitter or Instagram, as applicable). Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by third parties or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Contest, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING MOBILE WEBSITE) OR THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
*If entering via mobile device, wireless Internet access and/or other fees may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to enter via mobile device. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas.
8. Winner’s List: Please send a request by e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to include “GUINNESS TO THE FOOTBALL WINNER” in the subject line. All requests for the winner’s list must be received by August 24, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. (ET).
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Sponsor: DIAGEO-Guinness USA Inc., Norwalk, CT
©2015 DIAGEO-Guinness USA, Norwalk, CT
Please Drink Responsibly.